SARAF HOTEL Ltd.
Saraf Hotels Ltd (http://www.sarafhotels.com) is one of South Asia’s premier Hotel groups which owns 13 properties spread across India and Nepal, with 9 hotels operating under the Hyatt brand. The group is poised to expand its pan India operations with the addition of 5 upcoming hotels.
- Entrusted with the overall management of Saraf group’s current Hotels with profit and loss responsibility.
- Managing portfolio of 2500 rooms, 40 restaurants, 300,000 sq ft Meeting & Convention space and 5000+ employees and delivering executive leadership.
- Responsible for planning and controlling strategic operations for transforming the company’s bottom-line and organic growth.
A Business group, Muscat.
Served as Management consultant to a business group, based in Muscat, in their endeavor to convert a high end residential apartment cum commercial building (25,000 sq mtr) into a luxury serviced apartment.
Situated in the central business district of Muscat, the property has 120 apartments consisting of 1,2 & 3 bedrooms with a large fitness centre, wellness centre, large meeting & conference space, Kud centre and an All meal restaurant.
- As part of the assignment, conceived and executed the entire ID design, MEP & services to suit a hotel apartment
- Identified an international branded serviced apartment operator & negotiated MOU to Management agreement on behalf of the company.
- Handled the recruitment of the key staff as well. Completed the project on time and it is due for soft opening in January 2018.
MFAR HOTELS Ltd – Le Meridien Cochin, Westin Chennai & Quorvus collection, Muscat, Oman
- Discharged the operations of running 3 Upper upscale hotels Le Meridien Cochin, Westin Chennai & Quorvus collection Oman, along with the operational heads, with full P/L and quality assurance responsibility.
- Involved in the recruitment of the entire staff, including senior management personnel. Integrated change across all areas of operations by setting strategic plans for overall sustainable business growth, profit maximization and impeccable service standards.
- Responsible for establishing release level plan, resource planning & forecasting, tracking progress, stakeholder management, team mentoring and managing client relationship.
- Grew the company from a 225 room Inventory to a 670 room hotel company within 5 years with a turnover from USD 7.0M to USD 37.0M.
- Conceptualized and launched 2 hotels –Westin Chennai & Quorvus collection. Acquired an island in the Maldives & land for a beach resort in Sri Lanka for future expansion and development
- Enhanced cost control initiatives and reduced operating expenses without compromising guest satisfaction and service standards. Simultaneously provided consultative leadership for various hotels within the group.
THE ACCORD METROPOLITAN, Chennai, India
A 162 rooms upscale hotel in Chennai, south India. Managed a broad array of key business activities like Brand creation, Organizational structuring, business development, Performance metrics, Operating procedure etc. required for a start up hotel brand.
LE MERIDIEN HOTELS AND RESORTS, Kerala, India
Employed by Le Meridien hotels and resorts, London and seconded to Le Meridien Kovalam Beach Resort, Trivandrum, a 65-acre deluxe 187 room beach resort including 125 Garden and Beach View rooms, 49 Clubrooms and 9 Suites.
- Successfully re-launched the resort and generated new revenue sources by constructing 15860 sq.ft banqueting space at the convention center.
RADISSON GRT HOTEL, RADISSON TEMPLE BAY BEACH RESORT, Chennai, India
Efficiently managed combined operational and business development position between Radisson GRT Hotel -A 102 room five star business hotel and Radisson Temple Bay – A 45 acre 76 room 5 Star Beach Resort, with a combined annual turnover of US$ 6.0 Million.
- Implemented strategic initiatives to improve quality of service, cost controls and sales growth.
- Empowered every employee to improve service standards and guest relations through the development of an employee operations manual, encompassing company vision, policies, procedures and priorities.
- Increased occupancy from 40% – 60 % through redirecting marketing effort to business clientele and ensuring repeat business through bringing about customer delight.
TAJ FISHERMAN’S COVE, Chennai, India
- Delivered leadership for a premium resort with multiple restaurants and banquet rooms and extensive outdoor facilities.
- Assessed each line item within the budget and improved margins through streamlining staff, food cost and other operating expenditures.
- Recruited a strong management team to assume departmental responsibility and drove accountability for quality and service delivery from the top-down.
- Recipient of Tourism award for Excellence by the Govt. of India in 1999
TAJ EXOTICA & TAJ CORAL REEF RESORTS, Maldives
- Spearheaded the operations of two of the finest resorts in the Maldives with a total of 128 rooms and a combined turn over US $12.0 Million and a GOP of 55%.
- Was involved in the initial signing, take over, recruitment of staff and commencement of operation of both the Resorts.
- Implemented a new management structure that included operational functions of both the resorts, SOP’s, sales & marketing and finance.
- Was the youngest General Manager in the Taj Group of Hotels, in 1993
TAJ VILLIVARU & BIYADOO RESORTS, Maldives
- Two island resorts with a combined capacity of 156 rooms and a turn-over of US$ 6.7 million. Was responsible for the entire Food & Beverage operations of both the resorts and recruitment and training of all service staff.
- Promoted as Resident Manager of Villivaru Island Resorts and was responsible for the day-to-day operation of the resort.
TAJ CORROMANDEL HOTEL, Chennai
- Joined the Taj Group of Hotels, as a trainee in the F & B department and subsequently underwent rigorous on the job training & mentoring by senior managers.
- Was promoted to Junior management position and subsequently deputed to the Republic of Maldives.
CORE SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE